Now Hiring: Litigation Legal Assistant
Kahane Law Office is a full service firm with a busy Litigation practice based out of Calgary, Alberta. We offer a supportive work environment and deliver exceptional service to our clients. Our law firm is looking for an organized Litigation Legal Assistant with 3+ years of experience. The successful candidate will be assisting in all aspects of our busy real estate practice.
- Capable of handling a busy practice with tight timelines and priorities.
- Drafting outlines of court documents and pleadings for lawyer review.
- Drafting correspondence and records to clients.
- Perform a variety of searches for files.
- Assist with general practice including filing records, service of documents, and scheduling Court dates.
- Organize and maintain a diary system with lawyer for client files.
- Frequent contact with clients and other parties.
- Drafting and preparing of accounts.
- 3+ years of experience as a Litigation Legal Assistant.
- Knowledge of the Alberta Courts’ Litigation processes.
- Knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles, and terminology.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines and attention to detail.
- Team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize matters.
Each member of our staff is a valued part of our team. We offer competitive compensation based on experience and provide excellent group benefits.
Interested applicants can forward their resume and cover letter to the attention of Phyl De Sousa at [email protected]. We thank all applicants for responding to the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.