Prior to joining the team at Kahane Law Office, Sepand spent a year working at a busy litigation practice focused on high conflict matters. Sepand furthered his legal education by completing a Masters in International Business Law while living and studying in France.
Sepand’s successes before the Provincial Court of Alberta and the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench provide only a glimpse of his practice, as he has also resolved numerous matters without litigation. Sepand’s successful negotiations often lead to a better outcome at a lower cost for his clients. Having experience with both high conflict and negotiated settlements, Sepand knows the value of resolving legal matters effectively and efficiently through negotiation and settlement processes, where possible and appropriate.
In his practice, Sepand emphasizes a client-centric approach focused on translating client needs to favorable legal results. Sepand strikes a balance between pragmatism, firm advocacy, and a human approach to law. Sepand’s approach creates space for clients to explore avenues of resolution which are not always obvious, but are forward thinking, practical, and bespoke. Sepand’s background in litigation forms part of the arsenal he readily draws on to foresee and strategize for business clients when handling transactional matters.
Sepand has delivered lectures on topics including administrative law, business and trade law, and he remains active as a consultant for various start-ups and non-profits in his spare time. When Sepand is not helping his clients or pursuing his interests in business, he can be found cycling, kayaking, or expanding his skills as an amateur wine maker.
- Civil Litigation including contract, copyright infringements, estate, residential tenancy, and small claims
- Cannabis Law and Regulation
- General Business and Corporate matters
- The Osgoode Certificate in Cannabis Law and Regulation – 2021
- LL.M. International Business Law (magna cum laude), Université Catholique de Lyon & Université Lumière Lyon 2 – 2020
- J.D., Thompson Rivers University Faculty of Law – 2018
- B.A. International Relations, University of Calgary – 2014