Now Hiring: Wills and Estates Legal Assistant
Kahane Law Office is a full service firm with a busy Wills and Estates Practice based out of Calgary, Alberta. We offer a supportive work environment and deliver exceptional service to our clients. Our law firm is looking for an organized Wills and Estates Legal Assistant with 3+ years of experience. The successful candidate will be assisting in all aspects of our busy real estate practice.
- Discussions with client(s)/prospective client (s) and background fact gathering.
- Conduct conflict searches.
- Draft, review and prepare correspondence, reporting letters, legal documents and file pleadings.
- Organize and maintain files.
- Maintain client contact and billings.
- Handle client accounts: prepare cheque requisitions, receive and disburse funds for transactions and other administrative tasks as required.
- Open and close physical and electronic files.
- Assist lawyer with business responsibilities and fulfil committee roles as required.
- 3+ years of experience as a Wills and Estates Legal Assistant.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines and attention to detail.
- Team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize matters.
Each member of our staff is a valued part of our team. We offer competitive compensation based on experience and provide excellent group benefits.
Interested applicants can forward their resume and cover letter to the attention of Phyl De Sousa at [email protected]. We thank all applicants for responding to the position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.