Jacob (Jake) Plotsky
“I take a practical, humanistic approach to assisting my clients with a focus on what truly matters to them.”
Jake practices in all areas of commercial and residential real estate, including purchase, sale, development, financing and leasing. He has experience acting for a variety of clients, including:
- private and public companies
- business owners
- lenders and borrowers
- landlords and tenants
- commercial developers
Jake also has an extensive Wills, Trusts & Estates practice where he acts in the preparation of wills, enduring powers of attorney, personal directives, trusts, and estate administration.
- Acting for an Alberta-based builder in connection with corporate structuring of development ventures, site acquisition, related financing loan facilities, subsequent development work and presale matters for residential and mixed-use projects.
- Acting for an international real estate developer concerning numerous dispositions of syndicated
development land parcels held in undivided ownership structures. This involves hundreds of domestic and foreign investors.
- Acting for one of Canada’s five largest oil companies with the management of housing allowance benefits for its employees and providing advice about the registration of security interests against thousands of residential lots in Alberta.
- Acting as primary counsel to a group of restaurants for leasing, corporate matters, and business transactions.
Jake practices in the following areas of law:
- Residential Real Estate
- Agriculture & Farm Land
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Trust Planning
- Guardianship & Trusteeship
- Business Law
- Commercial Real Estate
- Construction, Development & Infrastructure
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association