temporary status; temporary resident; canada

Temporary Resident Visas: Applications For Canada

Getting A Canadian Temporary Resident Visa

Over 35 million visitors come to Canada every year. They include tourists, business visitors, and those visiting children and grandchildren. Requirements for visitors change with the changing global political climate. Any foreign national wanting to visit Canada must meet certain requirements to enter Canada. The Canadian government sets the law as to who can get temporary resident visas. Consequently, you may or may not need to apply for Temporary Resident Visas depending on your citizenship. To find out Call Kahane Law in Calgary. By connecting today, you may arrive in Canada faster 403-225-8810.

What Are Temporary Resident Visas?

Temporary residents visas are documents provided by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) formerly Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). The temporary resident visas are needed for certain foreign citizens before entering Canada. The temporary resident visas are only produced in Canadian offices abroad (embassies, consulates, and high commissions). They are a physical foil-like document that is affixed to a page of your passport or travel document. To determine if you need one you may refer to IRCC’s website.

What are the Different Temporary Resident Visas Available?

There are different kinds of Temporary Resident Visas foreign nationals may apply for. For example, these types include the following:

Tourist Visa

Canada boasts breathtaking scenery, big city night life, and many other fantastic tourism hot spots from coast to coast to coast. However, requirements exist for temporary resident visas. To come to Canada as a tourist, there are a number of requirements you must meet, including:

  • Possession of a valid travel document, such as a passport;
    temporary resident visas; canada; canadian immigration; immigration lawyers

    Temporary resident visas for Canada

  • Be in good health;
  • Prove to an immigration officer that you have ties in your home country. Ties are things such as a job, home, financial assets or family;
  • Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit; and
  • Have enough money for your stay. (The amount of money you will need will vary. It will depend on things like how long you will stay, and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. To find out more, ask one of our immigration experts.)

These are the basic minimal requirements for temporary resident visas. Depending on your citizenship, you may also need:

  • A temporary resident visa or visitor visa. If so, this visa gets physically printed into your passport. Therefore, a Canadian embassy or high commission outside of Canada supplies it;
  • A medical exam; and lastly
  • A letter of invitation from someone living in Canada (please see below).

Parent/Grandparent Super Visa

Have you got a parent or grandparent that lives outside of Canada that you’d like to bring to Canada? Are they a new grandparent that would like to come see their new grandchild? Our experienced team at Kahane Law Immigration Legal Services can help. Changes to Canadian immigration law make it easier for Grandparents to receive a Visa for coming to visit.

This new option from IRCC allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to apply for a special visitor visa for a parent or grandparent. You can also watch our short video on super visas. It is valid for up to 10 years. This Super Visa also allows the visiting parent or grandparent to stay for up to 2 years at a time. This ensures quality time with family.

Legal requirements include certain things. For example, for a temporary resident visa these include that the applicant must:

  • be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
  • allowance to enter Canada; and lastly
  • meet certain other conditions.

A number of other requirements must be met, which are available on IRCC’s website. We can help you traverse the sometimes murky waters of Parent/Grandparent Super Visas to help ensure you the best possible outcome when trying to bring that special family member home to Canada.

Visit on Business

The Canadian economy is driven by its interaction with global markets. As such, thousands of people come to Canada each year for business-related reasons.

IRCC defines business-related reasons as someone planning to visit Canada temporarily to:

  • Look for new ways to grow their business;
  • Invest; or alternatively
  • Advance business relations.

As with other temporary resident visas applications for visitor status, an essential meeting of certain criteria exists. Most importantly:

  • Showing a plan to stay in Canada for less than 6 months;
  • Agreeing not to enter the Canadian labour market;
  • Having a main place of business , and source of income and profits, which is outside Canada; and lastly
  • Other entry requirements

For some foreign nationals, depending on their citizenship, an application for a Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor Visa) may be needed.

If you find yourself needing to come explore Canada’s growth and marketing opportunities, we at the Kahane Law Immigration Legal Services can help you take advantage of the economic advantages Canada provides.

Letters of Invitation

Sometimes for Temporary Resident Visas (Visitor Visa) applications, a letter of invitation from someone living in Canada will help that application. Therefore, IRCC has specifications on the content they want to see in these letters. Above all, we help you draft a letter of invitation that meets the requirements of IRCC. It strengthening your loved one’s application to come visit you in Canada.

Getting Help With Temporary Residents Visas To Canada In Calgary

Canadian immigration contains many confusing and overwhelming rules. Ensure your visit happens as wanted and planned. Contact the experienced team at Kahane Law Immigration Legal Services. We are located in Calgary, Alberta. Call 403-225-8810 for Calgary help or (780) 571-8463 for Edmonton help or toll-free at 1-877-225-8817, lastly, email us directly here.