Weird and Wacky Laws About Animals
It’s always a hoot to check out some of the strange laws that are on the books across the United States or even abroad. You may not know this, but there are many pieces of weird legislation that relate to animals, pets and otherwise. Without further ado, here are some of the most interesting.
- If you lose your pet bird and happen to live in Berkeley California, law says that you cannot whistle to try to bring it back if it’s prior to seven am. Guess you just have to wait and hope for the best.
- In Alaska, it’s not allowed to tie a dog onto the roof of your car. This one is probably a good law, but wondering where it came from brings up concerns. Did someone actually try this?
- For those who live in Little Rock Arkansas, your dogs aren’t allowed to bark after six pm. Good luck with that!
- If you’re hanging out in Miami Florida, keep impressions to a minimum. It’s illegal to imitate any type of animal there.
- In Hartford Connecticut it’s against the law to educate a dog. Makes you wonder if pet classes at a pet store count.
- For those in Idaho, make sure you don’t get sent to the dog house. Why? It’s illegal for a human to sleep in one at all.
- In Georgia, goldfish are not able to be given away to bingo players as a prize.
- However, in Illinois, keep the vices to yourself. It is illegal to give a dog a lighted cigar or whiskey. At least this one makes sense. In the same state, specifically Chicago, you can’t bring your pooch along to the opera.
- On Friday the 13th, in French Lick Springs Indiana, all black cats are required to wear bells.
- And in Maryland, if you happen to have a pet lion in Baltimore, scratch date night. It is illegal to bring a lion to the cinema.
- As for Minnesota, cats may not chase dogs up telephone poles, but vice versa is allowed. And in Duluth, cats are not allowed to sleep inside a bakery.
- The town of Barber North Carolina prohibits dogs and cats from fighting. Not sure how that’s going to work out.
- Meanwhile, in Ohio, there is a law prohibiting people from getting fish drunk. There’s also an extremely strange law that allows police in Paulding County the right to bite a dog to calm them.
- In Oklahoma, individuals may not make an ugly face at a dog or they could receive a fine. Dogs in Oklahoma are also not allowed to congregate in groups of three or more on private property unless they have a signed permit from the mayor.
- Wyoming makes it illegal to take photos of rabbits, but only between January and April. The other months are okay.
There you have it. Some of the strangest pet laws on the books in the United States. While some of these seem at least somewhat warranted, others are really strange. Makes you wonder who comes up with all these laws.